[TR] cross country caravan trip

scotts junk smacsjunk at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 3 12:41:10 MST 2009

Had a great drive along Route 66 from Williams to Topek in Arizona last fall
and would definitely recommend that section. I beleive it is considered to be
the longest and best preserved piece of the original route. We unintentionally
stumbled across it on our way out from Vegas to the Grand Canyon and ended up
spending a couple of days following it back - was one of the most fun parts of
the trip (unfortunately in a rent-a-beast not the Spit). Take in the Route 66
museum in Kingman and be sure to stop for a burger and shake at Mr D'z Diner
across the street. Trying to get  group organized to meet Jonmac (and whatever
band of gypsies is accompanying) at the Saskatchewan border, hope some of you
make it into the north country.
> > another possibility would be route 66. > > One of the things on my "bucket
list"! Better do it soon, though, as there> isn't a lot left of the original
route, and less all the time.> > But before that, I hope to be able to tag
along with Jonmac this summer/fall> (just partway).> > Randall>