[TR] cross country caravan trip

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Feb 3 14:21:34 MST 2009

> Had a great drive along Route 66 from Williams to Topek in Arizona last
> fall

If you happen to be doing Route 66 farther west, check out the Grand Canyon
Caverns east of Seligman AZ.  I found the cave itself only moderately
interesting but the associated business is a genuine old fashioned tourist
trap, replete with cheap motel rooms, fake gold mining, greasy food, and
souvenirs from all over the world (mostly the far east <g>).

They even put up some reproductions of Burma Shave signs along 66 ... my
wife thought I had totally flipped out when I jammed on the brakes and went
back to read them!

If you dislike
Big traffic fines
Slow down