[TR] TR4 Fan blade position .. ridges forward or grooves forward

Allan Reich areich at telus.net
Mon Feb 2 19:56:34 MST 2009

Greetings!  I am just putting together my TR3A engine after rebuilding
and balancing and have a question about the installation of the TR4/TR4A
fan. The fan has four rectangular blades with two grooves/ridges on each
blade.  Should the fan have the "ridges" to the front of the car or
should the "grooves" be forward?
A second question about installation .. I had the fan balanced without
any of the installation tabs, balance pieces or lock plate. I was
thinking about just mounting it with lock washers so I don't put it out
of balance .. any thoughts?
Allan Reich, Vancouver
1960 TR3A - TS65714L (+O)