[TR] young man drives TR like we did.. or may want to..

tom white tswhitez123 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 2 06:42:05 MST 2009

My first TR3a was a 1961 which I purchased when I was 21.  I was hard on it in
ralleys so my main problems were the clutch and first gear.  I had Hayes
clutch, in those days they were in a shop in Westmnister, Ca., build an 1800
ft. lbs. clutch for it.  That ended the clutch problems.

I had the time to tune it once a month so it never gave any other real
problems.  It never stranded me.  To this day I consider it one of the best
and most reliable cars I ever owned.

Best regards,
Tom