[TR] young man drives TR like we did.. or may want to..

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sun Feb 1 17:50:20 MST 2009

I must admit my first TR3 a 59 came into being because I was tired of always
fixing my 57 MGA. Mostly the hydraulics. They had that Lockheed dual cyl.
setup like the TR2.

Also must have replaced the water pump at least 3 times and I could never
figure out why the batteries (2) were behind the driver and passenger!

I had a test drive in a 59 TR3 on a used car lot and I couldn't believe the
difference in power and the way it accelerated out of 2nd gear.

I was sold before I got back to the dealer.

I sold the MGA to my brother, who drove it into the ground, and the bought the
3 which started a love affair with Triumphs that continues to this day.

Bob

1958 TR3A, 1962 TR4, 1972 TR6