[TR] young man drives TR like we did.. or may want to..

P Caffrey pcaffrey at ymail.com
Sun Feb 1 17:26:01 MST 2009

Ed,
They sure do have grunt and staying power.  When I got my TR at 24 years of
age, I abused the heck out of it.  One time I overheated and was late to my
job.  The problem got so bad I lost oil pressure.  Thankfully, as I exited the
freeway a gas station was right there.  Added water and was on my way.  Never
had any major work done on the engine till recently.  I never could figure out
why these cars got a reputation for being so temperamental.  My car has always
been hearty, with little complaints..
Pat
TR4A '67