[TR] Pressure bleeder.

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Dec 20 10:26:03 MST 2009

> I saw a pressure bleeder on TV yesterday that gave me an
> idea, God help us.

Similar devices are even available commercially.  But I'll offer a few
caveats:

1) Don't forget that conventional brake fluid goes stale, even if not
installed in a car.  Any remaining fluid in your fancy new power bleeder
should be discarded after you finish the brakes.

2) Are you certain that all the components in your garden sprayer are
compatible with brake fluif?  I'd be really pissed to discover that my
brakes failed because something in the sprayer contaminated the fluid.

3) Just how often do you have to bleed brakes, anyway?  Once I get the
hydraulics done right, I find I don't have to touch them for a long time.  I
even moved the calipers from TS39781LO to TS13571L without touching the
seals, because they still work perfectly some 100,000 miles after I last
replaced them.  (Of course, the DOT 5 fluid I use has something to do with
that.)

4) Gravity bleeding works surprisingly well.

Randall