[TR] TR3 with a TR3A transmission tunnel

tfansher at comcast.net tfansher at comcast.net
Wed Dec 16 06:50:42 MST 2009

I cut an access hole the size of the access hole for the jack in the floor pans and the U-joint access in the tranny tunnel just above the dipstick. It's easy access and the plug from the others fits nicely and works well. A fun rainy day project.
Tom
61 TR3A
60 TR3A
62 TR4
73 Stag

Subject: [TR] TR3 with a TR3A transmission tunnel

I decided it was time to check the gear oil in my transmission and
discovered that I installed a
TR3A transmission tunnel (without the dipstick access hole) on my 56
TR3. I knew about the dipstick, but didn't think to check for an access
hole when I picked the best tunnel to cleanup and paint. Is there any
tricky way of checking/adding gear oil to the early transmissions
without access to the dipstick? If not, I guess adding a hole for the
dipstick will make a good project for one of these wet rainy Saturdays.

Thanks,

Mike
TS11544L