[TR] TR3 with a TR3A transmission tunnel

Michael Lang mlang99 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 15 21:20:19 MST 2009

I decided it was time to check the gear oil in my transmission and
discovered that I installed a
TR3A transmission tunnel (without the dipstick access hole) on my 56
TR3. I knew about the dipstick, but didn't think to check for an access
hole when I picked the best tunnel to cleanup and paint. Is there any
tricky way of checking/adding gear oil to the early transmissions
without access to the dipstick? If not, I guess adding a hole for the
dipstick will make a good project for one of these wet rainy Saturdays.

Thanks,

Mike
TS11544L