[TR] Not good with electrical

Andrew Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Thu Aug 27 07:49:52 MDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Danielson <75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org>

...So for 1973 and earlier, the light came on when the trunk was opened. From 1974 -
76, you had to have the headlight switch on for the light to work. It makes
no sense to me but that's how it was done.

==AM==
I suppose one might make the argument that is seems somewhat pointless to have a trunk light in daylight,
i.e., when you wouldn't need lights anywhere. But given the BLMC corporate bean-counter policies of the
time, perhaps some accountant determined that several pence per vehicle might be saved by NOT running that extra
dedicated purple wire all the way back to the boot? ;-)

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald Database: http://triumph-herald.us