[TR] Not good with electrical

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Wed Aug 26 14:13:12 MDT 2009

Guys,
If you haven't downloaded the FREE AAW wire schematics....do so. These were
put together by Dan Masters with a lot of input from some very knowledgeable
List members. They are more accurate than the factory schematics. You can
get them here for a TR2-TR4A http://www.advanceautowire.com/tr24a.pdf and
here for a TR250 and TR6 http://www.advanceautowire.com/tr2506.pdf

After you download and save them, look at the TR6 schematic and you'll see
that the trunk light was on an always hot purple wire until 1974 at which
point it was moved to red wire working off of the headlight switch. So for
1973 and earlier, the light came on when the trunk was opened. From 1974 -
76, you had to have the headlight switch on for the light to work. It makes
no sense to me but that's how it was done.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection
Toyota 5 Speed & Nissan LSD