[TR] TR3 (alternator conversion) modified fan belt size

David Ljung Madison team.net at daveola.com
Wed Aug 26 12:04:09 MDT 2009

> About 7 or 8 years ago I bought an alternator conversion kit for my TR3A.
> I got it from somewhere back east. It might have been BAR (British Auto
> Restorations), but I am not sure. It came with a Gates cogged belt that was
> like a 12354 size or something like that. I kept the belt tag stored so I

Sounds like the Power British conversion - it uses the Delco 10SI alternator
which is fairly common.  I use it in my conversion:

http://triumph.Daveola.com/Album/Alternator-Conversion/

If that looks like the kit, then it's a:

  Gates TR24379 Replaces (308) Green Stripe II

I love the conversion, but I find that the belt keeps slipping no
matter how tight I make it - eventually it stretches enough and
my battery ends up dead.  I think I might be putting too much of a
load on it for that belt (big stereo amplifier added to system :)

Always been an aggravation - I suppose I should find some of that
belt non-stick spray.

Dave
1957 Triumph TR3A #TS22126L
http://triumph.Daveola.com/