[TR] TR3 (alternator conversion) modified fan belt size

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Aug 26 12:23:03 MDT 2009

> Always been an aggravation - I suppose I should find some of that
> belt non-stick spray.

BTDT - It's a temporary solution at best.  If you are really overloading the
belt, then a larger diameter pulley on the alternator may be the only
solution.

However, I would look first at things like pulley alignment, belt vibration
at certain speeds, and whether the belt actually matches all the pulleys
involved.  If the bottom of the groove is shiny, the belt is too small for
the pulley.

-- Randall