[TR] TR4 to TR4a exhaust manifold swap

Peter Fullam pfullam at nycap.rr.com
Mon Aug 24 22:05:19 MDT 2009

Hi Earl,

Years ago I put a 4A exhaust manifold on my 4. It bolts right up, but the #2
and #3 legs will interfere with the straight balance tube on the TR4 intake
manifold. The guy I bought the 4A manifold from had scarfed out clearances
in both manifolds to make them fit, and I had to do the same to my intake. I
used the 4A downpipe and Y pipe. It lasted for years, until the #4 leg broke
off. I went to a 4A intake manifold and a steel tube header.

Pete Fullam