[TR] Welcome for John Macartney To PTOA area

jimbpps at cox.net jimbpps at cox.net
Mon Aug 24 13:17:17 MDT 2009

Listers,

The below amended article will appear in the next issue of TRAX, the Portland
Triumph Owners Assoc. newsletter. We plan on meeting John Macartney and his
wife Liz, in the TTACD Stag on the 19th of Sept. to welcome them to the PTOA
area and escort him to Vancouver, WA..

As I am a member of the TR List group, I offered to send this to all of the
AutoX.Team lists of interest and invite any List members to join us!

Thanks and regards,

Jim
Jim Bauder
'68 TR 250; CD47L
Scottsdale, AZ
Cell: 480-309-9525

"John Mcartney Hand-Over and Escort to Vancouver, USA
Saturday September 19, 2009

It has been arranged that the Tyee club will escort John Mcartney from the
Seattle area to Chehalis where he will meet members of PTOA and any other
interested parties who wish to join us to escort him to Vancouver, USA.  We
will meet at the Gee Creek Rest Area off I 5 near Battleground, WA for a 9:00
a.m. departure.  We will do a straight shot up I 5, and meet at Kit Carson
Restaurant, 107 SW Interstate, Chehalis, WA (Phone: 360-740-1084).  Located
just east of I-5 Exit 76 this family friendly restaurant and lounge offers a
full menu.  We will have lunch with the Tyee folks, and toast Johnbs
fundraising efforts, and the success of the Triumph TransAmerica Charity Drive
to date.

Following lunch, John and the Bauders, and all others who wish to come along,
will take some backroads back to the Bauderbs home in Vancouver.  Target
arrival time is 5:00 pm.

Sunday activities will be up to John.  If he wishes to join the PTOA tour that
Gary and Mary are leading, we will do that; or if a rest day is in order, we
will accommodate that.  John will then head south on Monday to join up with
the Triumph Travelers in the San Francisco bay area, who have a great series
of celebrations planned.

See you all at Gee Creek!

Randy
Randy L. Bauder