[TR] TR4 to TR4a exhaust manifold swap

Randy&Val DeRuiter deruiterville at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 24 17:52:43 MDT 2009

 HiHo Earl-

I've done that swap on my TR4.  The clearance is tight, especially with an
A-overdrive, but it bolted up with no modifications at all.  You need the
double downpipe from a TR4A-TR6, then the Y-pipe from a TR4A, and that will
mate to a TR3-4 rear exhaust setup.  The final tie-in is right where it needs
to be at the rear trans mount and in my case I could use the TR4 exhaust
hanger at that location.  Not sure I gained anything because of sticking with
the standard TR3-4 rear setup, but that's what I had at the time and it worked
fine.

Randy

64 TR4