[TR] Tire size question TR3A

Steve Ball banjonut at verizon.net
Mon Aug 10 20:14:21 MDT 2009

I'd like to ask a question of the list.  I know this has been discussed
before, but all I need is some simple information, and hopefully it won't open
a can of worms.

I'm rebuilding a '60 TR3A, with stock front suspension and steering, and I
plan to run Panasport wheels, 15" X 5.5" (Moss P/N 854-825).  If any of you
have this size wheel (preferably this exact wheel), I would like to know what
size and brand of tire you are using (for street use).  Also, where did you
buy the tires (online, local store, etc)?

I'm not going to race the car, and I don't want to modify the wheels or sheet
metal, but on the other hand, I don't want a tire that looks ridiculously
narrow either.  I just want to know what size tire works without rubbing, etc,
and what tire "looks like it belongs on the car".  I've read a bunch of
literature about tire sizes and I'm totally confused, so I thought I'd try to
find out what actually works.

Thanks to the list in advance.

Steve Ball
Lompoc CA