[TR] Removing TR4A heater box

Brian Induni 308gtsi at roadrunner.com
Mon Apr 27 12:20:29 MDT 2009

Bud,

Remove as much "stuff" as you can - the glove box at least, dash support
would be ideal - as you'll need the room to maneuver. Taking the passenger
seat out would help too. I would drain the coolant level down as from the
radiator and disconnect the heater hoses from the engine bay and blow thru
the top one to get rid of as much coolant as possible from the heater core.
Do you have a good workshop manual? That will help with removal.

The core can be slid out of the box without removing the box IF you can get
at the screws that hold the end of the box on. Mine was riveted so I had to
remove the whole thing. If you do this don't forget to disconnect the flap
control and the wires! The 3 bolts that hold it to the plenum were difficult
for me as they were really tough to see and get at. Patience and your
favorite beverage help a lot!

Hope this helps!

Brian

Message: 3