[TR] Removing TR4A heater box

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Mon Apr 27 18:37:17 MDT 2009

>I spent some time bonding with my 1965 TR4A this weekend doing the normal
>spring cleaning/maintenance/prep for spring/summer. B I found a large brown
>stain on the carpet under the heater box, mostly on the left/drivers side
>(hoses enter/leave on right side). B I'm thinking that the heater coil has
l>eaked.

Bud, I don't know about '4's.B  But my 3 has a hose that drains from the
battery box.B  It should go through the transmisson tunnel for draining, but
ifB it's misaligned, might cause the stain you're seeing, if you've ever
gotten watter in the battery tray.B  Just aB  t hought before you pull the
heater.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A

New Hampshire