[TR] Breather for TR3 Alloy Valve Cover

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Wed Apr 22 16:15:10 MDT 2009

As I posted earlier I installed an alloy valve cover with the non breather
cap, and discussed the resulting oil coming from the lower breather  tube.
I have solved the problem (maybe) by getting a 3/4" washer  that is 2" in
diameter and soldering a 1 1/2" OD chrome over brass tail  piece from a sink.
 There is grinding and fitting to get it just right, and  I have yet to
make the rubber gasket, but check out the pics.  Yes,  there is enough bonnet
clearance and now I have a breather cap.

 _http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc88/TRG69/P4220375.jpg_
(http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc88/TRG69/P4220375.jpg)
_http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc88/TRG69/P4220376.jpg_
(http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc88/TRG69/P4220376.jpg)

It is not yet in service as I am rebushing my rockers.  More to  come.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO
**************Big savings on Dell XPS Laptops and Desktops!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220433404x1201394533/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
eclick.net%2Fclk%3B214133109%3B36002181%3Bk)