[TR] TR3 gas tank... Say it ain't so

Michael Lang mlang99 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 18 21:43:51 MDT 2009

I just finished installing the tank in my 57 TR3. I used Randall's
suggestion and cut the hose short enough that it would slide all the way
down on the tank inlet allowing it to clear the threaded sleeve as the
tank is tipped into place from the passenger compartment. I then slid
the hose up on to the threaded sleeve and clamped it in place. There is
just enough overlap on the tank and sleeve for the width of normal worm
type hose clamps.

I have wondered how the did this at the factory, as mine had a much
longer section of hose on it when I took it apart.

Hope this helps.

Mike