[TR] TR3 gas tank... Say it ain't so

Wbeech@flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Sat Apr 18 19:51:20 MDT 2009

Hello List,

Well, the good news is that I got my '58 body and chassis back from the shop
after 15 months and it looks terrific!  So, I started first to install the
fuel system starting with the gas tank.  After wrestling with the tank and
fuel lines all the way up to the fuel pump I was feeling pretty good and
figured putting the fuel inlet hose and cap on would be a good finish for
the day.

Well, I am not seeing how this short hose and threaded sleeve will go on
under the rear deck... and I don't recall how it came off.   As tight as the
tank was to maneuver into position I can't think that it would go on before
the tank was installed.  Can someone help with the proper sequence of events
for this?  As much as I would hate to have to take the tank out again, if I
must, I must,

Thanks in advance,

*

	Bill B
*

	'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L
*

	'59 TR-3A TS/64974 LO
*

	"A Triumph is man's best friend, it always comes when it is
called...of course, some times it is difficult to make it go"