[TR] TR 3A Oil breather tube

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Sat Apr 18 18:44:22 MDT 2009

After I rebuilt my motor I posted that I was getting oil out of the
breather tube when parked in the garage, and while driving based upon what I see
on the underside.  Because I had newly rebuilt I wrote it off to blow by
and waited until the motor broke in.
Well, I now have 178 - 181 compression readings and nice  cardboard brown
plugs and she runs very well. . .  and the oil still drips  from the breather
tube.  I have an aftermarket alloy valve cover and I have  over drilled the
vent hole in the cap and on the underside of the cap, and don't  lay on the
cap when I screw it on.  Still. . .
So I checked my oil level and removed the new felt on the dipstick that was
 about four times thicker than the one that came off and filled the oil to
the  3/4 mark with the new dipstick position.  Still. . .
Comments?

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO