[TR] TR3A Pinion Driving Flange

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Apr 7 11:18:45 MDT 2009

> BTW, I'm a relatively new participant in the list as I'm just putting  my
> 3A
> back on the road after a 25+ year hiatus.

Welcome to the list, Bill!

I'm in a similar situation, since I'm trying to get TS13571L back on the
road after 30+ years in storage.  Actually drove it to work yesterday, a
qualified success as it made it back home (about 60 miles total) under it's
own power.

But it appears that I did not get the block flushed out thoroughly enough,
and now the crud from the block is blocking the tops of the radiator tubes.
Gonna try another back flush tonight, maybe that will help.

Anyone ever try one of those gizmos that injects compressed air along with
the water, to try to carry out more crud?  I've heard of them, but never
seen one used.

I had the radiator professionally rodded while the apron was off, but I sure
don't want to pull it again if I can help it.

Randall