[TR] Wrenches

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Apr 5 20:22:38 MDT 2009

>  Craftsman should never refuse to honor a warranty because of
> "abuse".

Just to be clear, I was not suggesting that Craftsman would not honor their
warranty due to abuse.  I once took back a breaker bar that I had broken
through both using a length of pipe as a cheater bar, and simultaneously
beating on the head of the breaker bar with a BFH.  The clerk commented on
the obvious damage; but gave me a new one without an argument.

My Dad once returned a spark plug socket that had gotten run over by a
truck.  He poured the pieces out on the counter, and the clerk brought a new
socket, before asking "How the *** did you do that?!"

However, MAC, Snap-On, SK, GearWrench and AFAIK every one else specifically
exclude 'abuse' from their warranty.

Randall