[TR] 1974 TR6

TOM BARILLA TJBARILLA at COX.NET
Sun Sep 28 11:04:11 MDT 2008

I ran across your website while trying to find out information on how to test
for a battery drain while the car in off.

My battery went totally dead so I purchased a new Sears Diehard.  After
installation my 1974 TR6 started right up and was charging at around 12.5-13
on the amp meter.

Within 3 days this new battery also went completely dead. Absolutely nothing.
After charging it I ran some tests with a testing light.  I disconnected the
negative lead from the battery, attached the testing light lead to the
negative battery post,  took out one fuse at a time,and then touched the end
of the testing light to the negative lead.  The testing light lit up.  One by
one I disconnected every fuse and with no fuses in the fuse box the testing
light still lit up.  From everything I have read this should not have happened
once all fuses were removed.

How can I have a battery drain with no fuses in the fuse box?  Am I doing
something wrong?

Any advice you can give me will be greatly appriciated.

Tom Barilla
TJBARILLA at COX.NET