[TR] figure 8 gaskets

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Sep 24 10:41:55 MDT 2008

> The issue with trying to machine the block is that in order to true
> the top surface you have to remove too much metal.  All you really
> want is a thousandth or two off of one side of the block,
> but...

I'm no doubt showing my naivete, but I still don't see why a competent
machinist couldn't do that.  I've seen it done to heads, and done it myself
on a much smaller scale.  If necessary, it could even be done by hand.

But you're quite right, taking .010" off the block is going to cause all
sorts of problems in other places.  And since it would appear that my
'defective' block is already somewhat short (pistons kiss the head with a
.010" gasket), I probably won't try fixing it.

Randall