[TR] 6 running ok...........some problems off idle

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 19:01:24 MDT 2008

the tr-6 is now running pretty good except for a slight problem at and off
idle.  The idle adjustment screw is catching on the pad it strikes on.  When
the throttle is open this pad falls below the end of the screw as is natural.
when slowing down the pad moves up and instead of hitting on the bottom of the
screw it catches on the side of the screw which doesn't allow it to idle.
I've adjusted the screw by backing off but then the idle is so slow the car
hardly runs.  Some help was found by adjusting the timing some.

Also I still
need to adjust fuel mixture.  That might also help.  I have a color tune set
which I've never used.  It seems like a great system but wonder if the hype is
true?  Anyone with experience?

thanks

gary n.