[TR] (no subject)

wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Wed Sep 24 09:45:25 MDT 2008

Lisa,

I am a TR3 guy and not too familiar with the TR6 but anytime a gasket is
leaking it is not a good thing.  Some you can live with it, such as the drip
or two of oil each time you park your Triumph, but a leaking exhaust gasket
will eventually eat up the metal around the header (from personal
experience) and your costs will rise from there.

You don't say whether it is the exhaust or intake that you are concerned
about but while the intake/exhaust system is off you should always replace
both, the labor is the same and the parts are just a few bucks.   I think
you are in Houston, I don't know anyone there, but I am sure the list can
provide a shop or two for you to call.  You should be able to get a quote on
the phone for this work, assuming your diagnosis is correct, from any
reputable shop.

Bill B
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L
'59 TR-3A TS/64974 LO