[TR] TR3A Gauges

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Mon Sep 22 05:55:04 MDT 2008

In a message dated 9/22/08 4:26:07 AM, DLylis at aol.com writes:

> IMHO anyone who can turn down business or refuses to take business because
> they don't like you, in this business environment is charging too much for
> their  services.
>
> Just my two Euros worth.
>
> David  Lylis
> 69 TR6 CC26160L
> 60 TR3A TS74461LO

In a message dated 9/22/08 4:26:07 AM, DLylis at aol.com writes:

> IMHO anyone who can turn down business or refuses to take business because
> they don't like you, in this business environment is charging too much for
> their  services.
>
> Just my two Euros worth.
>
> David  Lylis
> 69 TR6 CC26160L
> 60 TR3A TS74461LO

David,
It is a joy to be in that position I assure you.
There are some individuals and companies my family owned business is always
too busy to accomodate.
There are others for whom I will fly away to met on a moments notice no
matter how busy we are.

My favorite body shop, which has been in business for 35 years and who
specialize in Astons, Jags, TRs,AH, MG etc. will be too busy to do business
with
some people also. If you go into their shop for a quotation and try to tell
them
exactly how to paint their car ("absolutely no bondo"), how you want it sanded
with what grit, what primer, whose paint to use etc., you may find they are
too busy. Its all about attitude.
Or, if you are just a PIA to deal with, they will not be available. Their
work is outstanding and inexepensive for the level of work they do. They are
factory auithorized for most high end cars (MB, BMW, Jag etc.)
I also have a friend who manages a very large used parts (salvage yard)
specializing in Jaguars. He once told me that hobbyists take up 90% of his
time but
are only 10% of his business. Tech sessions and tours which he provides are
big losers for him, but he does it .
That may be true of other car related businesses. I try to be very careful
and make sure I treat all suppliers with respect. We need them!

Best, MIke Moore