[TR] TR4 Engine Piston Installation

Thomas Boggiano boggiano at charter.net
Tue Sep 9 17:29:42 MDT 2008

Hi All

I installed the new pistons this evening in the new sleaves. All the rings
gapped to .015 or .016
When I put the Crank in eveything rotated nice an smoothly, As I put each
piston in it got much harder to rotate everything, and after the last piston
was installed it is now almost imposible to rotate anything. It really takes a
lot of force to move a piston down or rotate the crank.

On a new install how difficult should it be for all this to move? If I have to
take it apart now would be a good time to do it.

Thanks
Tom