[TR] TR4 body gaps

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Tue Sep 9 16:21:51 MDT 2008

In a message dated 9/9/2008 2:35:06 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
DSCOTT1 at sonoma-county.org writes:

Or, were  the
gaps on these cars not great when the cars were  new?
Thanks!

Don,
I am going to say that Triumph's in general were inexpensive sport  cars.
Therefore one could not expect perfect fitment of body panels.   TR4's were
supposedly notorious for bad panel fitment.  My restored 62  Concours quality TR4
has horrible gaps, no doubt the result of a bad  restoration. Way too bad for
me for the car is otherwise near perfect  in every way. I have an original 63
TR4 that has pretty  decent gaps but no where near perfect.  My original TR6
has doors that  stick out at the bottom. This is a characteristic of Spitfires
too. I have  three Wedges that have various gaps and doors that really don't
fit that  well. Should I even mention the TR3B that after restoration takes a
guerilla to open the doors?
Cheers,
Darrell