[TR] TR3 small mouth vintage race car for sale

Brad Kahler brad.kahler at 141.com
Tue Sep 9 16:12:38 MDT 2008

Listers,
I bought this carB eight years ago and have finally reached the conclusion
that I'm not going to get the time to finish building it let alone get the
time to race it.
This car was originally turned into a vintage race car in the early 80's and
raced with VARA on the west coast.B  The previous owner stopped racing it
around 1996 to do some frame modifications to it.B  He pulled the body from
the frame and never got any farther than that.B  Joe Alexander trailered the
car from L.A. to Dallas for me in 2000.B  When I asked the PO what I needed to
do to get the car running he told me to bolt the body back onto the frame,
hook up the wires, add oil and gas and go racing.B  Taking the advice from
members of the FOT they suggested that I at least pull the pan and check out
the main and rod bearings.B  So I did and that led to me finding that the oil
pump shaft had sheared and gauled the crank.B  Rather than go racing I ended
up tearing everything down for a rebuild.
Fast forward to 2008 and my wife and I are moving from Arkansas to Kentucky
andB I just don't have the time, room or energy to deal with putting the car
back together.B  I came to the conclusion I "might" be able to give it some
attention around 2017 :(
This car was a rust free california car that was turned into a vintage
racer.B  It wouldn't take that much work to convert it back to a street car if
desired.B  I have a LOT of parts to go along with the car.B  I have most of
what it takes to convert it to a street car and I also have most of what it
takes to complete it as a vintage race car.B
If interested contact me for specifics.
Thanks,
Brad
870-329-1335