[TR] how they balance allow wheels

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Sep 6 10:24:57 MDT 2008

> I did go back to another place that has the center hole type machine.

Which I suppose brings us back full circle.  The tire machine needs to
locate the wheel the same way your vehicle does; without assuming that any
other features are perfectly aligned.  In some cases, that's the center hole
("hub centric"), while in others it's the mounting holes ("lug centric").
Using the center hole on a wheel for a lug centric vehicle is just as likely
to cause problems as using the lug holes on a wheel for a hub centric
vehicle.

Randall