[TR] how they balance allow wheels

tom white tswhitez123 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 6 06:45:58 MDT 2008

 >"new" balancer that actually mounts via the lug nut
> holes.

One of these machines is what start4ed my quest to cure run out last year.  I
suppose they are great machines if everything about the wheel is bone stock
and clean.  Every time I has my wheels balanced this way the boys at Costco
would tell me my wheels were bent.  My wheels were set to less than 0.020 run
out on a lathe and they have never hit anything.  Turns out the powder coating
on was also in the lug holes and misaligned them on the machine.

I did go back to another place that has the center hole type machine.

Best regards,
Tom