[TR] a bulb not doing anything, not TR

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Wed Oct 29 12:21:57 MST 2008

In a message dated 10/29/2008 12:12:20 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
jimmuller at rcn.com writes:

Re a  2003 Dodge Caravan, not a Triumph.

Our 2003 Caravan has a  non-functional right front parking light.  It is not
the bulb; I checked  it, even swapped it with the left front bulb.  It is not
a fuse; they all  appear good, and the right rear is working.  (The fuse
markings are  ambiguous but appear to say that both RF and RR bulbs are wired
together.)  It does not appear to be a relay; I re-seated them all  anyway.  The
turn signals work just fine.

I put a voltmeter on the  wires, saw no voltage, but may have been thwarted
by the difficulty of getting  a good ground through paint or surface corrosion
everywhere.  I  disconnected, checked the voltage on, and re-seated the plug
going to the bulb  holder; still saw nothing.

The most likely cause would appear to be a  corroded connector somewhere out
of sight in the line going to that bulb  only.

Can any of you suggest which part of the dashboard I should  disassemble to
find it?  The car was inspected in August, so that hurdle  won't come around
again for a while.  But on the other hand, it is still  a non-functional bulb
that I would like to fix and may be required legally to  fix, inspection or no.

In the meantime, the weather is getting  cold.

Tanks,
Jim Muller
'80 Spitfire
'70 GT6+
'03  Caravan

A way way long shot: If there is a multi-pin bulkead connector,  disconnecte
it and clean it. Reassemble with silicon grease. My 62 Chrysler had  that
problem,

Mike Moore

Engineering  Manager
CL Moore & Associates, Inc.