[TR] Coil Polarity

ZoboHerald at aol.com ZoboHerald at aol.com
Tue Oct 28 15:53:24 MST 2008

In a message dated 10/28/2008 5:00:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
kimbrelltr4 at yahoo.com writes:

I have  looked at the wiring diagram for my [ positive ground] 1962 Tr4 to
determine  the correct polarity for the coil wiring. It does not show a
terminal
number ,  or positive / negative marking on the diagram at the coil , only
the wiring  colors . I have not switched the coil connections to know if it
will
run if  wired the other way. Please advise !

==AM==
Do you want to keep the car set up for positive ground? If so, then that
wiring diagram likely shows coil terminals as CB (contact breaker, i.e., the
points in the distributor), and that would be the + side and so marked  on a
more
modern coil) and SW (switch, or - on a more modern coil). Does  that help?

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
--  Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)

Triumph 10 /  Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: _http://www.vtr.org_ (http://www.vtr.org/)

Check out the North  American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)

no registration required and great graphics b check it out!