[TR] Jag valuation?

Skip Gurnee skip47 at clearwire.net
Mon Oct 20 18:06:56 MDT 2008

Tom-
I owned a 76 XJ6L, bought it about 1980.  I think my experience was typical,
not unlike what you will have.  I LOVED that car!  BUT, it was like a
mistress.  If you have a mistress and you treat her better than you think
she should be treated, she will treat you better than you think you should
be treated.  But let her down just a little bit, and she's a b***h.  A Jag
doesn't nickel and dime you to death.  It 5 and 10 dollars you to death (in
1980 dollars, about 1/10 of today), constantly, perpetually.  Keep that in
mind when you're negotiating price.  Oh, and by the way, the wiring diagram
didn't show all the wires and devices!  Caveat emptor....
Best,
Skip Gurnee
64 TR4, 66 TR4A