[TR] [6pack] replacement seat belts TR6

Robert Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Fri Oct 17 11:00:07 MDT 2008

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 forzion at maine.rr.com wrote:

> Mitch;
>
> I wonder what percentage of people use those seat belt parkers, anyway.
> I didn't use them when I had my old seat belts installed and the new
> Securons retract so easily, I don't miss the parkers any.

Always the contrarian... I used to use my seat belt parkers all the time.
One thing I really don't like about the replacement belts I got (Bemis? or
something like that) is that you can't park them and the tongue is always
getting jammed in the door when you try to close the door, so there's 50
dings in the there.  Waddapane!

> There are places to economize and places not to. Safety, for me, is one
> where I don't.  Again, I'd opt for eBay 120318488551

Agreed - old seat belts are as bad an idea as old tires. If you want to
scrimp in either area, I can only say "It was nice knowing you".

:-0

> Dave

rml