[TR] 71 TR6 ignition problems

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Tue Oct 14 06:02:05 MDT 2008

In a message dated 10/13/2008 6:19:47 PM Central Daylight Time,
TR250Driver at aol.com writes:
> All those problems that I reported about my TR6 low rev miss have been
> traced back to a brand new faulty condenser. Not sure I am buying it but
> that's
> the story.  I have at least 6 hours personally invested fooling with it and
> like amount of paid professional hours that has come to this determination.

Darrell, I had a persistent low speed miss under load the I finally solved by
regapping my plugs.  I thought I would improve thermal efficiency by setting
the gap to .035 but it turns out the coil couldn't develop enough voltage to
jump that gap when cylinder pressures were the highest.

As a consequence I always recommend checking the plugs when encountering a
low speed miss.

BTW, the car runs just fine at .025 so why mess with it?

Dave