[TR] jet adjustment

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 14 07:30:32 MDT 2008

Yesterday when I had my TR3's engine running, I tried but couldn't get to the
needle level adjustments on the SU's to balance the H6's.  I wonder if I
should have tried harder.

However, I removed both air filters and saw that both pistons were 3/4's of
the way down and opened in sync. when the rpmmmm's were increased.  I had
already ball-parked their fast (or is it their slow) idle adjustment.  Does
this sync. suggest that they were needle-height-ok-adjusted?

After running it at various low rpmmm's I shut it off with the KEY SWITCH!  I
removed all the plugs and they all looked equally flat sooty straight black.
Does this mean turns of  the jet adjustments equally up or is it down?

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey

BTW- One plug was a Champion L182Y.  Any difference?

--
I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for Personal use.

The Trial and Professional version does not have this message in the email