[TR] 71 TR6 ignition problems

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Mon Oct 13 18:22:32 MDT 2008

You do need to hold the throttle open to get a good compression
reading.  I added 50% or so once I re-remembered that.

If it runs good, and doesn't burn a ton of oil (or create a bunch of
blow by) I say don't sweat it.

I had an old VW beetle that I had to redirect the crankcase vent
outside of the carb intake because it had so much blowby that it
caused the car to run poorly.  Once I did that, it ran like champ but
left a trail of blue smoke out of my redirected crank vent...

- Tony Drews