[TR] 71 TR6 ignition problems

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Mon Oct 13 17:19:04 MDT 2008

Hi Guys,
All those problems that I reported about my TR6 low rev miss have been
traced back to a brand new faulty condenser. Not sure I am buying it but that's
the story.  I have at least 6 hours personally invested fooling with it and  a
like amount of paid professional hours that has come to this determination.
What a piss off!  Bottom line is I took the Six out for a nice drive Sunday  and
all was relatively well.  Just the slightest hint of  a cough  under load at
low revs.  OK not bad for a 50,000 mile original motor,  Huh?  I think I will
give it a rest now.  On to the TR250.   I was getting only 120 pounds
compression across the board out of that one but  now I am told you have to hold the
throttle open to get a good  reading? Really?  That would be good for she
really runs OK so why  should I sweat it?
Cheers,
Darrell