[TR] Painting brake calipers?

Ibsen Dow flashtr3 at cox.net
Sat Nov 8 10:55:08 MST 2008

I just finished doing my calipers & rear brake drums with a popular brake
caliper paint system you get from the local parts store. I used a degreaser
cleaner to remove the any grease or contaminates first, then I used "prep sol"
to remove any silicon or dot 5 that may have gotten the calipers. To prevent
"fish eyes" you must have two clean rags. One is for the application of the
"prep sol", and the other to wipe off. That way you don't re-contaminate the
paint surface.
I used the gloss black finish and brush it on . The flow characteristics of
this finish is excellent, so that it looks likes like it has been "powder
coated".
I had enough material left over after applying with 2 coats on the drums & 3
coats on the calipers, that I was able to paint the tie rod links as well.

Ibsen Dow
'59 TR3
'71 TR6