[TR] NOS parts and question.

tom white tswhitez123 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 3 06:43:54 MST 2008

>Are you referring to the screw at the very rear of the "over the
arch" panel.  It made sense to put the post there but my hood stick cover
will not reach between the two posts when in place.  Are we sure that is
where it goes?  FT was kind enough tho send me a description of where this
post goes, and I thought I understood, but. . .

This is the screw that I referred to.  In a rush of delusion last night I made
lift the dot posts that are long enough to reach the sheet metal.  I took old
lift the dot posts with 1/3" screws and ground the screws of until a little
bradd showed on their underside.  Then I took the proper length sheet metal
hex head srews and groung off the hex head down to the rim around the head.
Then I mixed up a small amount of J B Weld and applied it to the bottom of the
post and the head of the sdrew.  I pressed the two coated sides together and
held them against each other for several minutes until the excess J B Weld
tested as set to the touch.

After a couple of hour I began screwing the first such post into the hole and
sheet metal.  It is a tight fit so I let it be over night so the J B Wels will
have time to cure thoroughly.  O expect to be able to finish the job this
morning.

Best regards,
Tom

From: DLylis at aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 07:26:07 -0500
Subject: Re: [TR] NOS parts and question.
To: tswhitez123 at hotmail.com; triumphs at autox.team.net

In a message dated 11/2/2008 10:58:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tswhitez123 at hotmail.com writes:
Also, I
  have a tonneau cover that only covers the top bows.  It is
  apparently
supposed
to fasten to lift the dot fastener posts at the very
  rear interior screw.
However the lift the dot posts I have do not have a
  screw long enough to
engage the sheet metal they should screw
  into.

Are you referring to the screw at the very rear of the "over the
arch" panel.  It made sense to put the post there but my hood stick cover
will not reach between the two posts when in place.  Are we sure that is
where it goes?  FT was kind enough tho send me a description of where this
post goes, and I thought I understood, but. . .

David
Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO

Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel.  Check out Today's Hot 5 Travel
Deals!