[TR] Dead brake servo

levilevi levilevi at comcast.net
Sat May 31 00:57:27 MDT 2008

Greg,

You can still drive it if you plug the vacuum line with a bolt...3/8 inch I
think.  The braking will be a bit more difficult but the brakes will still
stop you the same.  I had a servo go out at as I pulled into the parking lot
at VTR 2000 in Portland but someone convinced me that it was still driveable
and it was as I autocrossed without the servo and drove back to Denver with no
problems.  I actually got to like the feel of the brakes without the servo but
I still got it rebuilt and put back on anyhow.  The place in Ohio where I got
it rebuilt doesn't do them anymore so can't help with a resource.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)