[TR] Water Pump Leak

Tom Note tom628 at verizon.net
Sat May 17 21:38:34 MDT 2008

Bob:  I've just had almost the same situation. Installed an elec. fan.
Flushed block, etc. ; installed new radiator core. Fresh antifreeze and
"Norrosion" (per Fred Thomas,thx), Everything seemed fine: ran cool, all
electrics worked. etc. Then a couple of days and ~100 mi. or so I noticed
coolant on the garage floor.Tightened everything, but couldn't track it
down. Then, strangely,  the leaking slowed. Finally, from underneath, I
spotted the source at the underside of the water pump. Now after another 100
or so addt'l. miles there's no trace of a leak. I'm keeping my fingers
crossed.  But, you might just want to give it a little more time before you
do anything drastic.

Tom