[TR] Water Pump Leak

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat May 17 16:17:30 MDT 2008

> - where exactly is the weep hole on the water pump?

Should be in the neck that stick out, inside the pulley, near the bottom.

> - how much driving does it take and how long should I wait to
> see if it clears up by itself?

IMO 125 miles is enough.

> - I have new seals and gaskets so is it a matter of just
> replacing the seals?

To replace the seal that is leaking basically requires following all the
steps in that article.  It's just like a rebuild except you reuse the old
bearings.

> - any tips or advice on removing and installing a water pump?

Not really, the R&R is the easy part.  Drain the coolant first (obviously),
and I like Hylomar for gasket dressing.  BTW, local Harbor Freight really
did have genuine Hylomar at $5/tube.

Randall