[TR] 3A brake lights

v6spitfireguy at cox.net v6spitfireguy at cox.net
Tue May 13 10:27:16 MDT 2008

The Halogens will definitely melt the plastic housing/lenses but you can
definitely tell the difference between the tail and stop.  I have them on
my 40 Ford truck, with 47 tail lights and because of the relatively small
size of these assemblies, I wanted people to see them in daylight.  People
nowadays are so used to seeing the back end of the vehicle light up that
the tiny 2 to 3  inch round lights seem to go unnoticed - the halogens
certainly are brighter, but MUST be used with metal housings, and glass
lenses!

I still haven't found an LED setup that is as bright...as even incandescent
bulbs at varying viewing angles required for vehicle lighting - they all
look OK straight on, but if viewed from different angles, as people will
sitting in various vehicles, the intensity varies greatly.