[TR] Transmission Conversions

Ibsen Dow flashtr3 at cox.net
Fri May 2 12:17:04 MDT 2008

I have had Herman's trans conversion kit for 5 years, with outstanding results
in my TR6.
.
 The transmission shifts smoother and quickly in to gears with no leaks. The
hydraulic t.o. bearing is much more positive then the standard  t.o.  &
clutch slave cylinder. The final drive ratio with my a 3:7 diff is a  -.80 in
5th gear; compared to final drive with same diff ratio in TR6 o.d. trans the
ratio becomes a -.87.

Since I couldn't locate an o.d. at that time this seem to me to make more
sense for the those long cruises from NV to Cal.

Ibsen